We are a very well-to-do local manufacturing business that has been in business since 1968, bonded, licensed and insured. We are looking for a reliable full-time Welder. Monday thru Friday and some Saturdays. We are looking for an organized, dependable, motivated, customer service orientated person that is ready to work. Framing and welding experience is helpful.
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Ability to read AutoCAD drawings
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears ro clipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Repairs equipment, such as Security Storm Door, Security Screen Door, Pre-hung Screen Door, Patio Door Gate, Window Grill, Fire Release, Gate.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
Competitive pay DOE and performance/profit based bonuses available for the right candidate.